Filing Complaints About Health Claims

If your concerns involve a health claim:

  1. Read your benefit booklet carefully
    Determine what is and isn't covered
  2. Take complaints to the provider authorized in your benefits booklet
  3. Verify if the plan is fully insured or self-funded

Fully Insured - Contact the Iowa Insurance Division (IID) at (515) 281-5705 or toll free at (877) 955-1212 8:00 am to 4:30 pm M-F, or e-mail at

Self-Funded - Contact the U.S. Dept. of Labor at 866-444-3272

Return to 'Filing a Consumer Complaint'