The IID is unable to provide the following services:
- Act as your lawyer or interfere in a pending lawsuit
- Recommend an insurance company, agent or policy
- Make determinations related to the facts of a case - For example the IID cannot (1) determine the value of damaged property or (2) conclude who was at fault in an accident.
- Identify an insurance company with whom a particular person may have a policy
- Determine eligibility for worker's compensation benefits: You must contact the Industrial Commissioner's Office at (800) 562-4692
If you are unsure if your question falls into these categories, contact our office for assistance at (515) 281-5705 or toll free at (877) 955-1212 8:00 am to 4:30 pm M-F, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to 'Filing a Consumer Complaint'