How We Can Help
What does your policy cover? Not understanding can be frustrating. Do you have a complaint about the way your insurance claim has been handled? In both instances, we can help.
Each year, the Market Regulation Bureau receives approximately 4,500 questions and consumer complaints. When necessary, the bureau conducts investigations and can bring disciplinary action against insurance companies and agents.
For more information about how the Market Regulation Bureau can help you, select from the following topics.
Investor Education Program to Combat Securities Fraud
- The Iowa Insurance Division announces Invest Smart, an education program to help Iowans recognize and avoid inappropriate and fraudulent investment schemes.
Filing a complaint
- External Review - Request a third-party administrator to review your denied medical claims.
- FAQ - Iowa's Privacy of Consumer Financial and Health Information Regulation (626 KB)
- Selling Your Life Insurance Policy - Understanding Viatical Settlements.
- HIPAA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Iowa Medical Malpractice Annual Report